Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Friday, June 15, 2018

Pesto Potato Salad

I was craving potato salad the other day so I decided to make a batch. I had every intention of just using my normal recipe but then when I opened my fridge I realized there was a partial tub of pesto sauce still sitting in there just begging to be used up. So on an impulse I decided to change up the recipe to make something a bit more interesting. 


 

My potato salad recipe makes about 3 servings, so enough for dinner one night for a couple and then some for lunch for one. (you'll have to work out who gets the leftovers)

Pesto Potato Salad

1 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
¾ cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Basil Pesto
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 hard boiled egg, chopped

Cook the cubed potatoes in just enough water to cover just until fork tender. *about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on cube size) Drain, rinse with cold water, drain well and cool to room temperature.

In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, pesto, salt, pepper and lemon juice and mix well with a wire whisk. Be sure to taste this mixture and adjust the seasonngs to suit your pallet. You may want a touch more salt and pepper or maybe you will want it a bit spicy....


When the dressing is seasoned to your liking add the rest of the ingredients and carefully mix with a wooden spoon.

Transfer the potato salad to a small serving bowl, cover with plastic and chill for at least a couple of hours before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment