Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Meal Kits

I'm pretty sure you would have to be living under a rock to not be aware of the massive number of meal kits that you can have conveniently delivered right to your door. There are so many of them advertising everywhere and so many bloggers and you-tubers are talking about them too. I have to admit I have been curious about them.

After watching several of the you-tubers that I normally watch talking about various kits I decided to do my own research. Being really cheap, or-ahhh, frugal (that sounds better right) I starting looking for deals on some of the kits.

Some of the things I have heard I know I disagree with. The thing that comes to my mind first is the claim that they are cheaper than shopping. I have looked at the prices and I know what I spend for things and I know that there is no way I am spending the amount per meal that these kits cost (regular price, not including discounts). If they are cheaper for some people then I think we need talk about shopping habits a bit.


However, I do see that they are very convenient mainly because most of the prep work seems to be done for you. Also I love to try new foods and I love to experiment with new flavor combinations and for me that is one of the draws. It is also why I have purchased several of the meal kits that my local grocery store carries. (I did a blog post on the first one of this, which I did get for free)

So back on topic. I have two meal kits ordered/paid for. One is due to arrive this week (Hello Fresh) and one next week (Home Chef)

Both of these companies were offering introductory deals so the price was significantly lower than the normal price. I will be posting blogs on each of these after I receive them telling you what I thought about them, how much I paid and show you what I get.

I am also looking at some of the other companies that offer the kits to order in the future.

The big question is probably do I intend to continue with any of these. The answer would be maybe. If the food is good enough, and the recipes tempting enough I might. I wouldn't be doing them every week, maybe one or two a month for a change of pace from what I normally make. After all, I do love to cook but I also really enjoy grocery shopping and finding the best deals. For me that really is half the fun of it. I also love to create new dishes and to try to re-create things I have eaten or even read about.

So I hope you will enjoy this process with me in the coming weeks/months as I explore the world of Meal Kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment