Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Caramel Apple Parfaits

 


This week I have a dessert recipe that is actually fairly healthy. I know shocking right?? I really love this one when I want something a bit fresher than a normal dessert. Depending on your choice of apple and yogurt you can make this healthy combo taste very much like an indulgent dessert. 

 



So let's start with the apple. You want a fairly sweet eating apple that is nice and crisp. I used a Pink Lady apple this time because they looked the nicest at the store. Pick whatever apple you love that is at least slightly sweet, Crispness is also a good quality for this dessert.


Now the other big decision is what yogurt to pick. Really you can use any vanilla flavored yogurt. My preference and what I think makes it stand up as a dessert is to use a Greek Yogurt. Because of its thicker quality I think it makes this taste and feel richer. Therefore it makes it a dessert.


This really is a dessert that should be made at the last minute. I like to put it together while dinner is cooking. Then I cover it with plastic wrap while dinner is being eaten. Then it is ready to enjoy after dinner.


I start off by prepping a bowl of water with a squirt of lemon juice in it. As I dice up the apple I place it immediately into the lemon/water. This will keep your dessert looking nice for a short time. After they soak drain them very well on paper towels.


Layer the yogurt in the bottom of each dessert dish, follow up with the diced apple, add a bit more yogurt, top with some caramel sauce. and finally sprinkle with nuts.


Click here for a downloadable/printable copy of the recipe.



Caramel Apple Parfaits


1 medium apple

a bit of lemon juice in water

1 cup Vanilla yogurt

plus another 2 Tablespoons of the yogurt for later

2 Tablespoons caramel sauce

2 Tablespoons chopped nuts either walnuts or pecans



Dice the apple and immediately place the apple pieces in some cold water with just a squeeze of lemon juice in it. Let them sit for a couple of minutes then drain well on paper towels.


In the bottom of each dessert dish (I used a custard cup) place ½ cup of the yogurt.





Divide the apples between the two dishes.









Top with each with another Tablespoon of yogurt.




 

 

Then a Tablespoon of caramel sauce




And finally the nuts on top.




Cover and store in the fridge for no more than a few hours.


Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment