Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Friday, July 21, 2017

Chocolate Chip Cookies




I think Chocolate chip cookies were the first small batch cookie recipe I looked online for. It was also the one that took the longest to find/re-write to make it similar to my family favorite recipe. I made so many failed batches of cookies on the trail to this recipe. One of the things I love about chocolate chip cookies is how quick they are to make. You mix them up and bake immediately. Most of the recipes I found for the small batch ones required that the dough either be chilled in the fridge or frozen for a while before baking. I am assuming that this was to make the cookies not spread too much. Even with the chilling I had a lot of spreading issues with most of the recipes. I felt this was a fault in the balance of butter to flour in the base recipes so I started playing around with the balance. I am really happy with the recipe I have come up with, it is the closest to my family favorite recipe that I have able to come up with.


So like the other small batch cookie recipes on this blog this one makes 1 dozen or fewer cookies. I have been getting 12 cookies every time on my test batches. (the only time I got more was when I dumped in some extra chocolate chips to empty the bag)


Be sure that when you combine the flour, baking soda and salt that you really stir it together. Since we are talking about such small amounts it is extra important to really mix it so everything is evenly spread through the dough.

As with all my baking I only use real butter so that is what this was tested with, if you insist on using margarine your results may vary. Also before you ask I use regular butter not the un-salted variety so that is what the amount of salt is balanced for.



Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt

¼ cup butter, softened to room temperature
¼ cup dark brown sugar
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla
1 egg yolk

½ cup chocolate chips


Heat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.

In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt really well and set aside.

In a medium bowl combine the butter and both types of sugar and using a small mixer beat them together thoroughly. (you want this mixture to be light and well combined)

Add the vanilla and egg yolk to the butter mixture and again combine well.

Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and slowly mix to combine well.

Carefully stir in the chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop or spoon portion out your cookies on an un-greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes

Allow to cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.

Store in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment