Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Friday, September 1, 2017

Potato Salad for Two

I love potato salad and just being a single dinner isn't going to stop me from enjoying one of my summer favorites. I have been playing around with the potato salad recipe I have been making for years and I it scaled down to give just two servings. Perfect for a couple or for just me with leftovers to enjoy at lunch the next day.



I have to admit that although the basic recipe stays the same I do vary it from time to time depending both on mood and what is on hand. If I don't have celery I can leave it out, any onion will do (you'll want just tablespoon or 2). If I have radishes in the fridge I slice up one or two and throw those in too. Olives are another yummy addition too. So look in your fridge and see what you want to add.

If you don't have hard boiled eggs on hand you can just put the egg into the pan along with the potato cubes and cook it at the same time. This is what I do when I don't have any already boiled.


Potato Salad

½ pound of potatoes (russets are best) peeled and cubed (about 1 cup cubed
1 egg hard boiled, diced

6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
¼ cup sliced celery
1 or 2 green onions
4 slices of dill pickle, diced


Cook the potato chunks until they are fork tender then drain and cool. Be careful not to over cook them, remember you want chunks of potato not mashed.

Combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix together well.

Add the celery, onion, and pickle and stir well.

Add the potatoes and egg and mix carefully.


Cover and chill until dinner time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment