Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Friday, September 29, 2017

Steakhouse Soup

Sorry I have been absent for a while. With the heat and smoke in the air this summer I just couldn't get into the mood to cook. It was horrid. Thankfully, all that is over and the weather is wonderful now.

Speaking of the weather I love fall weather. The days are cooler and the leaves are just beginning to turn to their beautiful colors.

With the cooler weather I have been in the mood for soup. I did a thorough search through my cookbook collection (yes, I literally collect cookbooks and have hundreds of them)

I came across a recipe for Steakhouse Soup and decided to give it a try. It was lacking in vegetables though and I was in the mood for a filling bowl of soup that I didn't need to add anything other than some kind of bread to make a hearty dinner. So I checked my fridge and picked out some of my favorites. Then after a read of the original recipe I made lots of notes of what I felt it needed and the following recipe is the result. I love this recipe and it is definitely going to be served a lot in the coming months.

As for vegetables I used the sliced carrots and some frozen spinach. Feel free to use your favorites in their place.



Steakhouse Soup

¼ lb of steak, I used a petite sirloin, a tenderloin would work well too.
¼ cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons oil
¾ tsp chili powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cumin
1 ½ cups cubed, peeled potato
1 cup sliced carrot
2 cups beef broth
¼ cup steak sauce
1/8 tsp Tabasco Sauce (or to taste)
½ package frozen chopped spinach (optional)
Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish

In small Dutch Oven or large saucepan saute the steak, onion and garlic in the oil about 4 or 5 minutes (until the meat is cooked and onion is starting to soften) Add the seasonings and give it a good stir to combine and allow to cook for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then add the potato, carrot, beef broth, steak sauce and Tabasco. Mix well. Add the frozen spinach and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook at a simmer for about 30 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are tender.
Garnish with fresh parsley

Makes 2 big bowls of soup.



No comments:

Post a Comment