Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

 


I know I've said before on here that I love soup and as soon as the weather starts to cool down I start making my favorites as well as new soups. This recipe is kind of both, I started with a couple of recipes I've been making for years and added a few things, took out a couple of others and this was the result.


For me potato soup is very nostalgic because it was a soup my mom made often. Hers was very plain and I still love it to this day but sometimes I want to visit those memories but have something a bit more special. This is the bowl I am turning to in that situation. This one is rich and creamy and loaded with the things I love to put on a baked potato (another favorite- let's just be honest I love potatoes and pretty much everything they can be made into)


Since I included the things I love on a baked potato I might have missed your favorite toppings. That is where you can make this soup your own add the things you love. Then curl up with a warm bowl of potato soup on a cool fall evening.


You can find a downloadable/printable version of this recipe here.


Loaded Baked Potato Soup


2 large baking potatoes

2 slices of bacon

2 green onions

1 Tablespoon flour

3 cups milk

¾ cup shredded cheese (I used a 4 cheese Mexican blend)

salt and pepper to taste

½ sour cream


Wash the baking potatoes and pierce the skin with a fork then bake as desired. I did mine in the microwave according to the directions that came with my microwave.


Cut up the bacon and cook in a Dutch oven until crispy.




Meanwhile slice the green onions keeping the white parts and the green parts separate.


Remove the crispy bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels.

 

 

 

 

 

Add the white parts of the green onions to the bacon fat in the pan and cook until tender.




Stir in the flour and cook for about 30 seconds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Add the milk and stir to combine, bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring often. Cook about 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and thickened.


Meanwhile cut the baked potatoes in half and scoop out the cooked potato from the skins. Mash the potatoes until smooth. 




Add the potatoes and about ½ cup of the cheese. Stir and cook until heated through and the cheese melts.


Add the sour cream cook and stir until heated through.




Divide between 2 soup bowls and top with the sliced green onions, bacon and remaining cheese.






No comments:

Post a Comment