Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Veggie Frittata


This week I decided to make something for breakfast for you. Of course, you could eat this any time of the day or night. Super easy and you can vary the veggies and cheese depending on what you have on hand. This is the version I usually make but I sometimes add other veggies (spinach is excellent by the way as are tomatoes) and the cheese changes depending on what I have on hand. I also sometimes add some meat either crispy bacon or cubes of cooked ham are delicious.



The pepper I used was one of those little mini sweet peppers you find in the grocery store. I try always have them on hand because they are so easy to chop up and add to just about any dish and they are good to just snack on too. There is normally a mix of red, yellow, and orange little peppers in the bag. A lot of the time I sub them in when a recipe calls for just a small amount of green pepper too since I then don't have part of a big pepper sitting around waiting to be used up. And I think they taste better than the green peppers too.

This recipe is super easy to make. All you do is combine the ingredients in a bowl, stir it really well and pour into a greased 2 cup baking dish. I prefer a rectangular shaped baking dish because I find the egg mixture bakes more evenly. I tried it in a round baking dish one time and the center took a lot longer to cook and the outside edge got kind of dry.

I like to add a few dashes of green Tabasco sauce to mine just before I eat it and sometimes I will add a dollop of sour cream too. It all depends on what I have in the fridge and my mood.


Veggie Frittata

2 large eggs
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
½ cup cut up broccoli
¼ shredded cheese (I used a 4 cheese Mexican Blend)
2 Tablespoons cut up green onion
2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste




Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease a 2 cup rectangular baking dish.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.



 





 


Pour into the prepared baking dish and cook in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.













Allow to set on the counter for about 5 minutes before cutting in half and serving. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment