Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Chocolate Stout Cupcakes

 

For the month of March I decided to go with a chocolate stout cupcake. These are really a simple change up for our small batch cupcakes. All I really did was switch some stout for the water in the cupcake base and leave out the vanilla extract I usually add.


 


This is a small batch cupcake made from ⅓ of a standard box of cake mix. If you haven't read my blog detailing my process for dividing the box of cake mix you can find it here.



This time I am using a box of a dark chocolate fudge mix. As always I mixed my liquid ingredients first.




Then I added the cake mix and only beat it for about 1 ½ minutes. This prevents the batter from getting over mixed and loosing it's rise when baked.



Next I divided it as evenly as possible in my cupcake/muffin pan. I almost always get 6 cupcakes from these batches.





Then just bake according to the directions on your box of mix. Allow to cool in the pan got 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature. 

\

 



Once the cupcakes are cool we can decorate them. I absolutely love this frosting no matter what flavor I make it. This time I used some unsweetened baking cocoa to make it chocolate. The only real warning I have with the frosting recipe is be sure your cream cheese is room temperature before you start making the frosting. I find if I skip this the frosting turns out tasting really strongly of cream cheese and looses the wonderful delicate texture and flavor.


I used a decorating tip to make a swirl on my cupcakes and then sprinkled them with some St Patrick's Day sprinkles and some chocolate chunks I had in my cabinet. I think they turned out really cute and very yummy.

 



 




You can find the printable PDF here.


Chocolate Stout Cupcakes


of a box of dark chocolate cake mix

cup stout

1 egg

3 ½ Tablespoons vegetable oil




Start by preheating your oven to the temperature your box of cake mix calls for, mine was 350°F. Line your cupcake pan with paper liners or grease really well.



Combine the stout, egg, and oil in a mixing bowl and combine well.


Add the cake mix and beat for up to 90 seconds.


Portion into cupcake pan and bake according to instructions on your cake mix. Mine was baked at 350°F for about 20 minutes.


Cool in pan for 10 minutes then move to a cooling rack and cool completely.




Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting



3 oz cream cheese (the kind in the block not the tub) softened at room temperature

cup powdered sugar

2 Tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa

¾ cup heavy whipping cream

¼ to ½ teaspoon vanilla extract


Begin by beating the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and beat on medium again until smooth, scrapping the bowl and beaters often with a spatula.


Add the vanilla to the heavy cream. With the mixer on low very slowly add the cream/vanilla mixture until all is incorporated. Scrape the bowl and the beaters often during this process so it is all combined evenly.


Turn the mixer up to high and beat until stiff peaks form.




Be sure to store the frosting in the refrigerator.


Pipe of spread the frosting onto your cupcakes as desired.


Decorate however you want to fit the occasion you will be serving the cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment