Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice Bowl

 


This recipe! Oh man it was something. LOL I first got the idea while innocently scrolling through Facebook the other day. I came across a link to a food delivery company that delivers pre-made meals to your house. Kind of like Freshly but on a much smaller scale. Anyway I was curious so I took a look at the website. I got as far as looking at the menu, there I saw a dish they were offering for a cheeseburger bowl. It looked really yummy, I have no idea what was in it because the description didn't tell much. So I decided the logical thing to do was to Google cheeseburger bowl and find a recipe. It should have been easy. I got a bunch of hits but all of them were basically just a salad with ground beef and burger toppings. None of them had the rice base that I was looking for. Most of them looked really good but they just not what I was looking for. In the summer when it is hot and I don't want to cook or eat a hot meal those would be fantastic and I will probably try that version then. But currently is cold out, there is a bunch of snow on the ground. I want a hot dinner, I want comfort food.


I decided to think about the situation for a while, I had a fairly good idea of what I wanted to do but no definite idea. In the middle of the night I came up with the recipe I am posting today.


I ended up loving this dish and I know I will be making it often.


So let me go over what I did then the recipe will follow.


I cooked some jasmine rice for the base, this is my favorite rice for most of my rice bowls. It has a wonderful flavor and cooks up really nicely.


I browned the ground beef with just some salt and pepper.


For the very top of the bowl I cut some potatoes really small, think shoestring fries that have been chopped up. These are put on kind of like you add croutons to the top of a salad to mimic the french fries on the side of the burger.


For the sauce I used mayo, ketchup and mustard with a bit of chipotle hot sauce, since this is fairly close to what would go on the top of a burger. This a spot you can change it up. Do you love barbecue sauce on your burger? Use it instead of the ketchup. This is just a guide.


For the toppings you can use whatever you want. My toppings are here as a suggestion not a set of rules. What makes your favorite burger? Do you love an onion ring on yours? Add it! Another type of cheese? Add it! Whatever you like or don't like you can make this to fit what you love.


So the message here is you can add or subtract to make this your own.



You can find the printable PDF here.




Bacon Cheeseburger Rice Bowl


½ pound potatoes

vegetable oil

salt


½ cup Jasmine rice

¾ cup water

pepper


½ pound ground beef


¼ cup mayonnaise

2 Tablespoons ketchup

1 teaspoon yellow mustard

Chipotle Tabasco sauce to taste



Toppings of your choice:

(I used)

shredded lettuce

thin sliced onion

sliced pickle

halved grape tomatoes

cooked, chopped bacon

shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend because that was what I had)



Preheat the oven to 450° F,


Dice the potatoes and toss with enough vegetable oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Spread on a baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes, stirring around half way through. You want them to brown up and cook through.




Add the rice and water to a saucepan, season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 18 or so minutes.


Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and cook through.



Combine all the sauce ingredients, taste and adjust.





Prep your topping ingredients.



In two bowls layer 

the rice, 

 

 

 

 

the lettuce,

 

 ground beef


 

 and other toppings.




Drizzle with the sauce


 

and top with the potatoes. 

 


 


Enjoy!

Serves 2


No comments:

Post a Comment